Who Actually Owns Land In Nigeria?



This happened a while back. I think I was in Primary five at the time. My dad told me of how we used to own the property behind our house; demarcated by a fence. I remember wondering how exactly a person can own something and then not own it anymore. I asked if he had sold it to someone else. This was the only logical reason I could come up with. He said he hadn’t but that the property was just taken from us. This got me thinking about how exactly property is owned in Nigeria. Precisely, what do you have to do to fully own property (land as it is popularly known) in Nigeria? In fact, can you fully own property in Nigeria? When there are issues pertaining to ownership of property in Nigeria, how are they resolved? What steps do you take?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How future volcanic eruptions will impact Earth's ozone layer

New Museum in Anambra State: Onitsha Museum

Anambra Airport City and Osita Chidoka’s tales